cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

XML ! Help to solve bug between DTM & ACL files, with Arbortext Editor

mcresci
1-Newbie

XML ! Help to solve bug between DTM & ACL files, with Arbortext Editor

To create our xml documents I’m using Arbortext Editor (http://www.ptc.com/service-lifecycle-management/arbortext/editor )

What is the bug to solve ?

When I create new entities, I have to declare it in the .acl file (edqm_ent_E_W7.acl).  We have to declare it in the .dtm file (dbgenentEN.dtm) too.

Sometimes, colleagues forget to declare these new entities in the .dtm file (dbgenentEN.dtm).

It generate the bug I need to solve, when we run the script in Arbortext Editor (this script runs in fact edqm_ent_E_W7.acl. It marks up our xml file).

The bug is :

I run the routine in Arbortext Editor.  Ifthe  acl file doesn’t find the entity in dtm file, Arbortext Editor deletes the text instead of keeping it (through ‘’break’’ command) or replace it by the specified text (in the example here : if ($Error>0) {ie PhEur}).

With this command, if there is an error, it should mark up with ‘’ ie PhEur ‘’.

Why our xml editor delete the text?

To understand better what the bug is, watch the video capture : https://youtu.be/aM4mP6S4ol0

8 REPLIES 8

Your ACL has delete_mark. This deletes the highlighted item.

You will  also notice at the bottom of the Arbortext Editor window that there is an error message.

We cannot read it, but one would speculate that it is stating that one cannot insert PhEur in the current context.

The functionality of acl commands and functions is found in Arbortext Editor Help Center.

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your reply. I'm newbie... I don't understand what you're trying to explain to me.

Yes, I've just seen the message errors, thank you :

- [A11898]

- [A11906]

What is the problem with ''delete_mark'' ? I don't understand...

How can I fix this error ? I don't know how to fix it... 😞 I'm just starting to use Arbortext editor

thank you a lot for your help

I did state that there was a problem with delete_mark.

I was stating that delete_mark was doing the function expected.

The ACL found HansBigalke with

find " HansBigalke"

The find command "marks" the found item, i.e. highlights it.

The delete_mark command deletes the "marked" item, thus HansBigalke is deleted.

Note in the video, that in the lower left corner of the Editor window is the error
"Impossible de trouver la chaine [sensible á la casse, annotation incluse]."

It seems that you are getting this error, because the commands ie are failing.

Not sure the elements cannot be inserted.

I understand the problem, but how can I fix it ?

HansBigalke is deleted by the command ''delete_mark'', but why this one if ($Error>0) {ie PhEur}) is not working ?

What is the solution ?

Does the dtd or schema allow insertion of the PhEur in the context seen?

I don't know...

Here dtd, dtm, acl, xml files : http://dl.free.fr/ksQtY7W3H

thank you

Hi Tim,

Did you look back at my files ? Tell me if you have an update for me.

thanks a lot

Hi Tim,

No answer form you... Did you look back at my files ? Tell me if you have an update for me.

thanks a lot

Top Tags