cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

XREF text case issue

RayStachowiak
12-Amethyst

XREF text case issue

Arbortext 6.0. We are using and SGML DTD with Arbortext 6.0 M080. Our writers use the id and xref combination for referencing.

When they click on attributed icon to bring up the attributes, they click on the autogenerate ID icon (looks like a firecracker we think) it generate a tag that is the first 35 character of the text and an ASCII value. Probelm is the text is in camel case (first letter of each word is Uppercase with no spaces). When they then use xref and select the reference, the text key is all lower case. It works ok in the composer/APE, but we use the data for creating ourown HTML and links do not agree. Is there a way to set the text to all lower case for the ID or to make REFID keep the text the same as the ID. Or is there a way to just generate the ascii number and not use the text.

2 REPLIES 2
rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:RayStachowiak)

Hi Raymond,

I just tried this out in my 6.0 M080 build, and I see the title case being maintained in both the link ID and the linkend in the xref, so I'm not certain what's happening on your system. The ID generation can be customized, so perhaps you already have some scripts running to modify inserted text. Have you seen anything of that nature?

Hi Rafael

Your answr gave me an idea. This specific issue is occuring in our SGML based documents. I had converted an SGML DTD to XML and then did the ID which generated the CamelCase text and number and then the idref which kept the camelcase and allowed me to insert the reference exactly as it was generated. Since SGML is not case sensitve AT automatically lower cases everything, XML is case sensitive and it propagates the camelcase through.

Ray

Top Tags