I have a doc made up of chapters that require individual LOEPs and Total Page count on the first page of each chapter. For some reason, these are only working correctly when the chapter has only recto and verso pages. If a chapter has any blank page in it, the total page count does not increment correctly and the blank pages don't show up in the leop. EXCEPT for the last chapter in the doc which works correctly. That's got to be a clue to what I'm doing wrong!but I just can't find the error.
I've got two page total counters:
<counter initial="0" enumid="totalpagect">
<counter initial="0" enumid="chpagect">
The totalpagect for the doc is always correct and the frontmatter leop is working fine. I have these page counters incrementing in all the pages in the body pageset including the blank page.
I am using a TIV in each page to capture the loep information for each chapter:
<savetext textid="chlep.tiv" conrule="<newline">,folio[BO],dotfill,1pi,</newline>" placemnt="after" append="1">
The TIV is defined with a chapter scope: <stringdecl textid="chlep.tiv" status="1" scope="chapter">
If I change the scope for the chpagect string to doc instead of chapter, I can pull everything into a full document loep just fine including all the blanks.
The body pageset uses a recto, verso, rectobb, and blank. The page numbering on all pages is working fine. If we had to, we could manually tag the loep stuff for each chapter, but I really need to get the chapter page count working!
Thanks in advance for any help!
I've been wrestling with this page counter issue still but I still can't get a true page count for any chapter that ends with a blank page. It counts up to but never includes the blank page. Any chapter that has only plain recto and verso pages and ends on a verso page counts up fine. The odd thing is that the blanks are being counted OK in the totalpage counter for the book, just not with the chapter counter that is scoped to chapter. I'm wondering if it's because of the rectobb/blank page combination. Would FOSI ignore increments on a blank page if it is truly blank?
The counter resets correctly and the page numbers in the footers are all correct. The blank page is created when composed but the page total for the chapter is always one less than it should be if the chapter ends with a blank.
Any other suggestions? Thanks, KM
I had already tried creating another counter for the blank pages (that is how I am getting my #/# blank type page number on my rectobb page and had been saving the last page value on the verso and rectobb pages already, but I think your last suggestion about saving the last page value in the recto page has fixed it somehow because my chapter page counters are now working correctly!
I had also tried adding info to the footer of the blank page as someone else suggested, but that never had any effect.
Thanks for your expert advice! I'll probably be back here for some help with the numerical index next after I try a few more things. I've got it creating the index, but not in the right sort order.
So I've run into a problem with this again. When I have a chapter with only one page of text (followed by a blank), I again don't get the correct chapter page count (it counts only the text page and not the blank), and I also don't get the Page/Blank Page page number in my footer.
I suspect this has something to do with my pageset. I had to add in a second recto page to capture page ranges for each chapter loep,so I now have this: recto1, recto2,verso, rectobb, blank page set. The loep page range also doesn't work with a one-page chapter.
The strange thing is that I was able to get the page count total and lep to work but only by adding the savetexts to the first recto page. I still get no blank page footer. It seems like the FOSI doesn't see the first page in a single page chapter as a rectobb page at all, but as the recto1 page instead. The rectobb stuff only gets called if there is a 2nd recto page in the chapter. I ended up having to add the blank page number footer in the composed PDF to get the TM out the door.
There must be some way to make this work, but it will take more experimentation I guess.