cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

cgm export from IsoDraw produces gray box in FrameMaker8

kmccain
3-Visitor

cgm export from IsoDraw produces gray box in FrameMaker8

Hi, We are having problems with random cgm files exported from Isodraw7.1 that show up with a gray overlay box when imported to FrameMaker8. This also happens in FrameMaker7 with the latest cgm filers from PTC loaded in. If I back out the cgm filters to the original ones, then the graphics import OK. I realize this is probably a Framemaker issue, but since PTC apparently produces the cgm filters for that I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem before and has any advice on what to check from the IsoDraw side. I've checked the frame options for import and they're meager. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

"Kim McCain" wrote:

Hi, ... If I back out the cgm filters to the original ones, then the graphics import OK. ...

Hi, We installed the updated filters on Frame7 to fix a problem with some fonts on the graphics that weren't displaying/printing correctly - so backing the filters out brings that problem back. Also, I can't back out any filters on Frame8, it is the default installation and exhibits the exact same behavior on the same drawings by displaying a grey box. I thought at first it was the file size since a couple of them are large, but that isn't consistent. It's basically just 3 specific drawings at this point and I can't find anything particularly different about them as opposed to all the others that display just fine in both versions of Frame. I'm trying to get back to the original illustrator who worked them to see if he can change anything in his export options to test.

Kim, if you can pick a different profile that could solve this matter. if this is not possible I recommend to file a call in the call logger (https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/call_logger/call_logger.jsp), that this can be routed into development for further tests. Since that will probably take some time I recommend that you try the workaround described above in parallel. regards, Christian

Kim, This sounds a lot like a problem we were having with .cgm ver4 graphics created with hotspots. We found that the hotspot overlay is seen as a gray background in viewers that are only .cgm 3 compatible. This is why you can seemingly see through the gray. This does seem random at first but is repeatable when importing to various software. For us, .cgm version 4 compatibility was the key. Hope that helps.
Top Tags