cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

cgm graphics

karlik.richard
1-Newbie

cgm graphics

Hi adepters,

how to rotate some cgm graphics for pdf output in editor 6?

Thanks for your advices.

4 REPLIES 4

If you are using FOSI and if graphic entities are used in the document, the graphic can be suppressed and the graphic entity name can be fillvalled into a Putgraph category that has the desired rotation.Note that the graphic entity and notation do not have to be declared in the FOSI.
For example:<e-i-c gi="graphic"><charlist inherit="1"></charlist><att><specval attname="print-only" attloc="system-var" attval="yes"><charsubset charsubsetref="SUPPRESS"></charsubset></att><att><specval attname="print-only" attloc="system-var" attval="yes"><fillval attname="entityref" fillcat="putgraph" fillchar="graphname"><charsubset><putgraph rotation="90"><subchars>...</subchars></putgraph></charsubset></att></e-i-c>Good luck!
Suzanne Napoleonwww.FOSIexpert.com"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

I've tried it, but illustrations don't rotate. I don't know, where I've done mistake.

<xs:element name="graphic" type="graphicElemType"/">

<xs:element maxoccurs="unbounded" minoccurs="0" ref="hotspot"/">

<xs:attribute ref="applicRefId"/">

<usetext source="%}\DimenH=\ht\BoxA\vbox{\vskip\wd\BoxA\special{pub:rotate90}\unvbox\BoxA\vskip" -\dimenh}%&quot;placemnt="after"></usetext>

I assumed rotation would work because scaling works. But when I tried it now, the graphic did not rotate. That seems like a bug to me, and I would encourage you to report it.
In the meantime, I found a way to make it work.In addition to setting the rotation characteristic on Putgraph, set scalefit to 1 and specify width as the column width. For example:

<att><specval attname="print-only" attloc="system-var" attval="yes"/"><fillval attname="entityref" attloc="graphic" fillcat="putgraph"fillchar="graphname"/"><charsubset charsubsetref="SUPPRESS"><putgraph width="37pi" scalefit="1" rotation="180"></putgraph></charsubset></att>

That worked for me in 6.0.
Good luck!Suzanne

Thank you very much Suzanne.

It's OK.

Top Tags