I am working in Arbortext 7 M010 and I have a small ACL file that globs a dir, runs doc_open and window_create, then runs get_composer(), inserts values for the stylesheet and outputFile params in the pdf.ccf, then calls compose::compose_for_pdf().
The problem I am having is when the first call to compose_to_pdf is made, it reports back that the doctype is not installed on the PE server, despite the fact that I know it is (opening a globbed doc regularly allows me to publish through PE just fine).
Has anyone seen this? I've restarted PE services, rescanned composition, did the PE compare, did flush_composer, I'm not seeing why opening a doc with doc_open/window_create/doc_show causes the doctype to not be seen on the PE server.
If I were trying to debug this, the first thing I'd play around with is the flags parameter on doc_open(). Make sure you're not telling it to skip any of the normal loading code for the document (e.g. the 0x10, 0x40, 0x400, 0x80000 flag bits).
Following that, check the composer packages to see if there is an initialization function you can use to initialize the composer to make sure it loads the PE configuration file before the first publish operation.
Checked that, I had doc_open/window_create with no flags just to be sure, still did it.
I did find a compconfig::initialize() function and threw that in at the beginning of the script, but still nothing.
I will kick this around for a bit, but may just end up with a support ticket (I also tried a batch file with Styler to run _pubpdf::publish_pdffile() and couldn't get that to work either, but i also couldn't get that to even return an error).