cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

editor.exe "Out of virtual memory space"

pzorrilla
1-Newbie

editor.exe "Out of virtual memory space"

Hello gurus!!

I'm having an issue with one of my implementations in the Arbortext Editor, as you might see, I'm receiving the message from the image I'm attaching, does anybody know how  to manage virtual memory space in the editor? Is that possible?

In advance I appreciate your time and help.

Paulette Z. docguru1.gif

5 REPLIES 5

I've fought this one a few times, there's a few things that can be tried.

The biggest one is using a 64-bit installation of Arbortext, helps with this issue a lot.

The next immediate step is setting some ACL in the custom\init directory:

if (!java_init()) {

set javavmmemory=768

}

In a distributed environment, you'll have to pick a JVM memory setting that works with your lowest common denominator PC.  I started hitting this error when we moved to using SVG images in our XML documents, the batik library was choking on them.  The jvm memory setting helped move forward, but testing the 64-bit Editor eliminated the issue without needing the jvm setting.

Jason!

Thank you so much. I'll try it and see what happens. In advance I appreciate your help.

I'll let you know how it works also

Paulette

Note, if you are using 64-bit installation, then you may use values larger than 768.

768 was am optimal setting used in 32-bit installations.

Paulette,

Did the solution resolve your issue?

Please let the community know by marking the Correct Answer, or if you resolved it on your own, then how did you resolve it?

Hello Tim,

I think my problem requires another solution, more related with my implementation, I have a java library which I'm using to navigate through XML documents and for every section I found inside a book, I change the content using my java functions, then I cut the section element from my opened document in Arbortext Editor and I paste the content I get from my jar's functions; I make this for books that can contain hundreds of sections, so I'm thinking that maybe copying and pasting all that information is causing the issue.

Thank you!

Paulette

Top Tags