cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

fonts to Bezier paths

ptc-957431
1-Newbie

fonts to Bezier paths

Why does Isodraw convert text fonts to Bezier paths when exporting to EPS? I would much rather have the text inthe EPS so that when distilled to PDF, the text will be available for search

4 REPLIES 4

It's been a while since I messed with EPS exports, but I believe if you look under the options for EPS export there is a boolean choice for embedding Type 1 fonts.

Hello Trevor

very much appreciate your reply. I did have the EPS preferences set to embed Type 1 fonts. Now the question that goes begging is; could it be true that Isodraw can only embed Type 1 fonts? What about True Type fonts?

I also wonder if since I do not have adobe type manager, if this could make a difference. So far I was just using an arial narrow font which I guess is a truetype font. Maybe this is why it gets run as a bezier???

I will experiment with a real type 1 font tomorrow. I must get myself home to the barn for now.

Again, I very much appreciate any advice you have time to provide. Very kind of you. Hope maybe I could help you with something maybe someday.

kenny

I think we got lucky when we moved to IsoDraw because the font set we had been using was Type 1. We may be facing this issue as well in the near future.

At this point though, looking at the option in IsoDraw, it does seem pretty specific in working with Type 1 only. My suggestion is to check with PTC support. My guess is that this would be an enhancement issue in the future.

On the otherhand, can your publishing setup accept a different file type (SVG, CGM, etcetera) that might be able to atleast output the text and then allow distiller to embed the font on publish? Just a wild guess there though if it would work.

Trevor

Unfortunately, I am pretty much limited to EPS for vector. We run a publishing system that merges Postscript with either EPS or CALs (group 4) raster. The EPS gives us color capability, but I never expected that there would be zero font intelligence in EPS exported from Isodraw. i cannot find a single type 1 font on my PC to test the notion that a type 1 font would work. Trying to contact support, but it appears I have a problem with my SCN.

Very dissappointing. I am looking right at the text in Isodraw, but the EPS export discards it..

Top Tags