cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how to override existing popup menu

prao
1-Newbie

how to override existing popup menu

HI Team,

Could any one please help on how to override existing popup menu in ArborText Editor , I want to show my custom misspelllist popu menu for non maintain words with some custom menus  in stead of showing existing one for words that are not maintained in existing dictionary,

With Regards,

Prashant

7 REPLIES 7

Hi Prashant,

Search the Help Center for "Modifying the default menus." Scroll down to the end where there is a link for Popup menus.

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

www.FOSIexpert.com

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

HI Suzanne,

Thank you very much, I will check.

Regards,

M.Prashant

prao
1-Newbie
(To:prao)

Hi Suzanne,

I have gone through the Help Center , it says how to create custom popup menus I don't find how to override existing popup menu.Please do need full help.

Regards,

prashant

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Hi Prashant--

You might find the menu_change command useful. See the online help for this.

If that's not what you're looking for, you might need to provide a more detailed explanation of what you are trying to do.

--Clay

Hi Clay,

Currently we are developing a new plugin that runs on ArborText Editor , in that we required one new menu(Custom Menu) with some sub menus(Menu1 ....)  on the menu bar, when I click the "Menu1"  the content in the XML document which is loaded in the editor will check with some external data in one  of the column in excel sheet which contain all the words .

Ex ; - I have a XML document like

<paragraph>

<para1>hello robert</para1> </paragraph>  /

here 'robert' is the name which will not present in the excel sheet(External user dictionary)

The words which are not applicable in External user dictionary that words we will colored and when  mouse is pointed on that we want to show customized popup menu which contains customized information.

Currently for misspell words the popup is displaying with red underline, we are not required this for our requirement. This existing functionality remains as it is. When custom menu(Menu1) is clicked and when mouse is pointed on misspelled word then the Custom popup should be displayed in place of existing one

Regards,

Prashant

ClayHelberg
17-Peridot

Hi Prashant---

If all you really want is to get rid of the spelling corrections that Arbortext adds to the menu, you can do that by turning off interactive spell checking with the following command (which you could add to the code called by your menu item):

set spellinteractive=off;

That will turn off the wavy red lines for misspelled words, and stop Arbortext from adding its suggestions to the context menu. Then you can add your own suggestions or other options in the usual way via menu_add :Edit:Popup. ...

--Clay

HI Clay,

Sorry, if my words are not making my point clear.As you suggested , if I use menu_add :Edit:Popup ... this will add  to existing popup menu for example

I used this previously  "menu_add :EditSpellPopup. "Ping" -cmd { customContext("PING!")};  the new "Ping" option is added to the existing one I want to see only Ping not other options in that.

I would like to totally replace the existing one with new popup menu is there any way ?

Regards,

Prashant

Top Tags