cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

publishing error: string index out of range: "-1"

kregimbald
9-Granite

publishing error: string index out of range: "-1"

Using AE 6.1 M080 and Windchill 10.1. I am trying to publish a DITA file to pdf. I get the following errors: FATAL ERROR: String index out of range: -1 ERROR: Invalid startElement/endElement sequence detected I ran a 'check completeness' on the file and there are no errors. Does anyone know what would cause the file not to print to pdf? FYI, specific to one file only all others publish to pdf. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solution: element tag was not inserted using the 'resource manager' and therefore links did not contain required attributes that are automatically populated. User re-used hrefs by copying & pasting ids within the link. Note: initial link should first be created using resource manager, the link can then be re-used by copying and pasting throughout document.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Solution: element tag was not inserted using the 'resource manager' and therefore links did not contain required attributes that are automatically populated. User re-used hrefs by copying & pasting ids within the link. Note: initial link should first be created using resource manager, the link can then be re-used by copying and pasting throughout document.

Top Tags