cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

symbol drop-down list is empty for schema

kregimbald
9-Granite

symbol drop-down list is empty for schema

We have recently changed from DTD to a schema. Since doing so we have lost our entities/symbols from the drop-down list. From what I have read on this forum site, it appears that PTC has not made an atempt to resolve this issue. I am wondering if anyone has come up with a solution. I would appreciate if anyone could provide a few suggestions. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kathleen--

You can work around this using some ACL code. In your editinit.acl file, add the following:

require _findentdlg;

set entitylist="...";

_findentdlg::_updateEntityList(current_window(),current_doc());

Replace the "..." with a space delimited list of entity references. With a schema, you won't have named character entities, so you'll have to use numeric entities, for example if you want to include the copyright and trademark symbols, it would look like this:

set entitylist="© ™"

For some reason, just setting the entitylist option string won't update the droplist automatically, that's why you have to use the _findentdlg::_updateEntityList() function to do that.

--Clay

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Kathleen--

You can work around this using some ACL code. In your editinit.acl file, add the following:

require _findentdlg;

set entitylist="...";

_findentdlg::_updateEntityList(current_window(),current_doc());

Replace the "..." with a space delimited list of entity references. With a schema, you won't have named character entities, so you'll have to use numeric entities, for example if you want to include the copyright and trademark symbols, it would look like this:

set entitylist="© ™"

For some reason, just setting the entitylist option string won't update the droplist automatically, that's why you have to use the _findentdlg::_updateEntityList() function to do that.

--Clay

Sorry it took me so long to respond...just tried it now and it works perfectly. Thanks a bunch!

rdiaz
5-Regular Member
(To:kregimbald)

Hi Kathleen,

Did Clay's answer help you get this resolved?

Let us know if you need additional help!

Darquise
11-Garnet
(To:rdiaz)

Yes - it worked perfectly!

Top Tags