cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syntax for passing attribute value to simple acl function

SOLVED
Highlighted

syntax for passing attribute value to simple acl function

I'm having trouble figuring out how to pass an attribute value to a simple acl function that formats and returns the value to save it to a variable. The attribute is "revdate" and the eic is "cmm"

<e-I-c gi="cmm>

<att>

<specval attname="revdate" attval="#ANY">

<fillval attname="myfuncs::format_date" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

<charsubset>

<savetext textid="issuedate.txt">

</charsubset>

Plus I know I'm not declaring the function correctly:

function format_date(window,oid)

local date=oid_attr(oid, ?);

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: syntax for passing attribute value to simple acl function

Hi Caroline,

It doesn't need to be that complicated.

In the FOSI:

<fillval attname="myfuncs:formatdate" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

The following ACL gets the attribute value using oid_attr and oid_current_tag. Then you can use substr to format the string.

function formatdate(window,oid)

{

$d=oid_attr(oid_current_tag(),"revdate");

return ...;

}

If you have my book, you can search for "system-func" to see various examples of how to use ACL with FOSI. If you don't have my book, it is available at http://fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html.

Good luck!

Suzanne

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Caroline,

Sorry, I don't have a revdate function handy to share. You need oid_current_tag() to provide the oid for oid_attr.

The FOSI code should work. However, you do not need the specval to test if the attribute has a value. If it doesn't, the fillval is automatically ignored. The formatting engine handles error checking like that so you don't have to 🙂

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Thanks, Suzanne, I didn't know about the error checking.

But what I wanted to know is if there is a way to pass an attribute as a parameter to an ACL function. I haven't found any examples doing that. I had to create a second function to pass the revdate attribute to the format_date function:

<fillval attname="myfuncs:get_revdate" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

function get_revdate(window,oid) {

local v; 

v = format_date(window,oid, "revdate")

return v

}

I didn't like hardcoding revdate in the ACL. I wanted to do something like this:

<fillval attname="myfuncs::format_date('revdate')" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

function format_date(window, oid, attr) {

local date=oid_attr(oid, attr);

Hi Caroline,

It doesn't need to be that complicated.

In the FOSI:

<fillval attname="myfuncs:formatdate" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

The following ACL gets the attribute value using oid_attr and oid_current_tag. Then you can use substr to format the string.

function formatdate(window,oid)

{

$d=oid_attr(oid_current_tag(),"revdate");

return ...;

}

If you have my book, you can search for "system-func" to see various examples of how to use ACL with FOSI. If you don't have my book, it is available at http://fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html.

Good luck!

Suzanne

View solution in original post

Thanks so much, Suzanne!