cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

syntax for passing attribute value to simple acl function

cleccese
6-Contributor

syntax for passing attribute value to simple acl function

I'm having trouble figuring out how to pass an attribute value to a simple acl function that formats and returns the value to save it to a variable. The attribute is "revdate" and the eic is "cmm"

<e-I-c gi="cmm>

<att>

<specval attname="revdate" attval="#ANY">

<fillval attname="myfuncs::format_date" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

<charsubset>

<savetext textid="issuedate.txt">

</charsubset>

Plus I know I'm not declaring the function correctly:

function format_date(window,oid)

local date=oid_attr(oid, ?);

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Caroline,

It doesn't need to be that complicated.

In the FOSI:

<fillval attname="myfuncs:formatdate" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

The following ACL gets the attribute value using oid_attr and oid_current_tag. Then you can use substr to format the string.

function formatdate(window,oid)

{

$d=oid_attr(oid_current_tag(),"revdate");

return ...;

}

If you have my book, you can search for "system-func" to see various examples of how to use ACL with FOSI. If you don't have my book, it is available at http://fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html.

Good luck!

Suzanne

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Caroline,

Sorry, I don't have a revdate function handy to share. You need oid_current_tag() to provide the oid for oid_attr.

The FOSI code should work. However, you do not need the specval to test if the attribute has a value. If it doesn't, the fillval is automatically ignored. The formatting engine handles error checking like that so you don't have to 🙂

Good luck!

Suzanne Napoleon

"WYSIWYG is last-century technology!"

Thanks, Suzanne, I didn't know about the error checking.

But what I wanted to know is if there is a way to pass an attribute as a parameter to an ACL function. I haven't found any examples doing that. I had to create a second function to pass the revdate attribute to the format_date function:

<fillval attname="myfuncs:get_revdate" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

function get_revdate(window,oid) {

local v; 

v = format_date(window,oid, "revdate")

return v

}

I didn't like hardcoding revdate in the ACL. I wanted to do something like this:

<fillval attname="myfuncs::format_date('revdate')" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

function format_date(window, oid, attr) {

local date=oid_attr(oid, attr);

Hi Caroline,

It doesn't need to be that complicated.

In the FOSI:

<fillval attname="myfuncs:formatdate" attloc="system-func" fillcat="savetext" fillchar="conrule">

The following ACL gets the attribute value using oid_attr and oid_current_tag. Then you can use substr to format the string.

function formatdate(window,oid)

{

$d=oid_attr(oid_current_tag(),"revdate");

return ...;

}

If you have my book, you can search for "system-func" to see various examples of how to use ACL with FOSI. If you don't have my book, it is available at http://fosiexpert.com/Practical-FOSI.html.

Good luck!

Suzanne

Thanks so much, Suzanne!

Top Tags