cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Contact analysis problem, Non-coincident surfaces could not be split in Native mode ?

dandersonjr
1-Newbie

Contact analysis problem, Non-coincident surfaces could not be split in Native mode ?

Good Day All,

Ihave a simple contact analysis that I'm trying to run that keeps failing. I'm hoping it is something simple
that I am missing. If I put the load on the center of the pin and suppress the bushings I'm able to get it to
run. When I try and run it with the load on the bushings the analysis fails and I get the following messages.

An internal engine error has occurred. Please be sure
to run error checking before you run this study. If
you have run error checking, then contact Customer Support.

Non-coincident surfaces could not be split in Native mode.
Source: Geometry

Excluded elements may be required near the highlighted constraints due to concentrated stresses.
Source: Solver

One problem that I'm running into is that I can no longer assign a contact constraint to both halves of the cylindrical surfaces that make up the bushing surface that rides on the pin.

Would anyone have any ideas as to what I'm missing?
Any help would be appreciated. I have attched the assembly which was created in Wildfire 4

Thanks
Don A

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I over looked the Material Properties in the bushings. The Nylon material I assigned had no structural properties defined in it. That was what was causing the analysis to have a fatal error.

Thanks for the help
Don A

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags