cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creating family table instaces by merging assembly level features+component

tleati
10-Marble

Creating family table instaces by merging assembly level features+component

Hallo,

I have an assembly with some features inside as for example holes and revolutions: I would like to create and save a new part (named B) which is made by one component (named A) of that assembly + one hole of the assembly level, and at the same time keeping the relation between A and B as it was like a family table (FT).

The difficulty in using directly a FT and assemblying instances is that in the father (I've just opened a topic on this) features do not seem to be turnable off in the father (A in this case).

Does anyone know whether it is possible to do this (create the new part + having a link btween A and B, usable then in Windchill for MRP, Materials Requirements Planning) directly in the assembly by merging feature+component (intersected by this feature), such that when I do MRP I can trace back the total number of A starting from the total number of his machined variations (B (of this example) + C + D etc etc...)

thanks

bye

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags