cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Exporting Pro/E assemblies as 3ds-files

ptc-3054938
1-Newbie

Exporting Pro/E assemblies as 3ds-files

Do anyone know if there is a plugin or tool to convert a Pro/E assembly (.asm) to a .3ds-file? It would be even better, if the solution would be able to keep the model-structure similarly to the origin. Or, if not possible, are there other ways to get an assembly-file as an editable copy in any other 3D-film Program like Cinema 4D or Maya? Many thanks in advance, Tim.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

But, it's "free," or even "inexpensive." If you want direct translation of Pro/E files into other formats, the best tool I've encountered is something called PolyTrans. http://www.okino.com/default.htm I bought a license for NuGraf (which is polytrans plus a fairly nice renderer... not as full-featured as Maya, which I use, or 3DSMax, but very nice for "photorealistic previewing" before going into Maya for rendering) a couple of years ago, now, and I've never regretted it. You need to buy the "Granite Pack" to get direct Pro/E file translations, by the way. It's all spelled out pretty clearly on the site. On the other hand, you can always just export/import in .OBJ format...

That's odd... a couple of changes to what I posted. That should say "it's NOT FREE, or even inexpensive." Also, to expand a bit... "OBJ" format files are the only practical option I've found to go directly from Pro/E into a renderer. Other formats (IGES, STEP) which work well for CAD purposes are almost useless for rendering packages (Maya, 3DSMax, Lightwave, etc).

Try Save As vrml in Pro/E and import the vrml to 3DStudio, works great for me.
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags