Re: Filter Repeat Region by Two Conditions

Very good~!!!

If the component is not too much

Like this:

Asm create a parameter: bom_display=no

Filter:&asm.mbr.bom_display !=no

This is faster.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Modeling-Questions/Filter-Repeat-Region-by-Two-Conditions/m-p/4344...

Hi Martin,

I have been searching for this solution from last couple days and finally I found something that matches my requirement. But I'm completely new to the environment (Creo), could you pls pls explain with a step by step process (i.e., Screenshots or whatever you feel that you could). I really can't express the knowledge sharing you are doing at this point. I do downloaded the zip file but pls go through the process once again.

Dan

Tags (1)

Hi,

I am sorry I cannot teach you how to work with Repeat Region, please go to http://help.ptc.com and look into Creo Help center.

I can help you if you create parts, assembly, drawing and do what your are able to do. Then you can upload your data and ask question. 

Martin Hanák

Thank you so much Martin for you timely response. I really appriciate your time. I'm quite new to the Creo environment & coding too but have interest for learning it. so bascially, I'm looking for some pictorial examples ratherthan verbal explanation, as I'm not completly aware of this environment (its my bad to have poor exposer to creo). I prepared a document of what I did so far & also what is my end goal and I'm attaching it along with this message. I do attached the Creo files in this message, please have a look & let me know if you need any further information 

I wasn't able to attach more than 1 file along with the response, so I'm adding the creo files along with this message. 

Tags (1)
Highlighted

Two errors:

1) You cannot change a model parameter inside a repeat region relation

2) You cannot change any parameter using "==" which is the logical equality comparison operator.

You need to create a new repeat region parameter inside the relations if you want to have the relations control a value to be displayed in the repeat region. It will be displayed in the repeat region using "rpt.rel.parameter_name" where you substitute the name you chose to create for the 'parameter_name'

Thanks for the Response  dschenken.

So, I'm not suppose to create the "SALVAGININ_1" parameter inside the model if I want to control the BOM. I have to create it within the Table > Repeat Region > Relations > selected the Level_1 region > Local Parameters > SALVAGININ_1 & have to implement the relation rpt.rel.SALVAGININ_1 -  Right ?.

But, How can I control the parts without Implementing the parameter to those parts ? Can you go with little more details 

Tags (1)

Look at the relation you posted. Then look at what I wrote.

Take some time to think about what the relation was set to do.

The relation was trying to set PART_ID to a new value. This cannot happen inside a repeat region relation.

Hi,

to remove items from repeat region which have SALVAGININ_1 parameter set to NO, you can use filter functionality. See attached drw0002.drw.

> activate Table tab
> click Repeat Region button
> click Filters command
> click By Rule command

> click Show command

You will see following filtering rule in 1st level repeat region and in 2nd level repeat region.

&asm.mbr.SALVAGININ_1  == true

Please note that setting SALVAGININ_1 value to NO for 2nd level sub-assembly automatically remove all its components from repeat region.

Martin Hanák

The purpose of repeat region relations is something like ...check values of existing model parameters and define repeat region internal parameter using model parameters values. Repeat region internal parameter can be displayed in repeat region cell using notation &rpt.rel.paramname.

Martin Hanák