Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you stop two extrudes merging in a single part file

Re: How do you stop two extrudes merging in a single part file

I'm fairly new to Ceo so I hadn't tried the AFX feature. I gave it a go and managed to create some frames, corners, move pieces etc. so I now know what it's capable of. I have some extra training in the New Year planned so I will request the AFX to be added to the training material.

It still only works in assembly mode and makes all the pieces individual parts but it looks quit good. In a part file the framework menu is not available.

Thanks Doug.

You are killing your productivity by trying to use Creo like NX. All the time you save in managing only one part in windchill is lost in the modeling. And if another user ever has to work on the model who doesn't understand your hybrid NX-Creo modeling, it'll be a complete redo, ie more time wasted.

Highlighted

I understand. I don't expect it to be like NX. I just wanted to find the best method to use that is quick and easy without having to create lots of parts to make up a single fabricated framework.

So far I have had some good suggestions that I will be able use for some of the work I do.

Thanks all.

You're welcome.  Keep in mind that you'll need a full license (extra cost) to eliminate the 20 part per assy (or per session) limit.  Also, I'm not sure how easy it is to implement your start parts on the AFX template files or to add profiles.  

However, it works pretty well and you can layout tubular frameworks pretty quickly.

--
Doug Schaefer | Engineering Manager
Crow Works