cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Is there a way to find the BOM position number (as it is on the drawing) for a given part?

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Is there a way to find the BOM position number (as it is on the drawing) for a given part?

For example, if I want to write a LISP command which has me select a 3D model (part or assembly) and then display the BOM Position Number from the drawing. There is obviously a way to do this because the BOM table commands in Annotation can grab the information. (I am not getting the BOM Position information from Model Manager.)

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Peter,

The name of the BOM logical table is "AM-BOM-DATA-LTAB"

In the reference manual of the integration kit, you can find out how to read logical tables.

With (display (sd-get-logical-table-key-column-identifiers "AM-BOM-DATA-LTAB")) you will see all the columns

With sd-read-logical-table-cell you can read a value from the logical table from a certain row and column.

The sys-id is the unique identifier in this logical table, so you will certainly be able to fetch the position number out of it.

Best regards,

Wim.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You are probably looking for something internal to repeat region of the BOM table.

This means you are looking for a "member" number which may have a "sequence" parameter as well.

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:TomD.inPDX)

What I'm looking for is to be able to select an item from the display table which shows the BOM (what you get when you press the "Table" command in the "BOM" group on the "Insert" tab) and return the value in the "###" column of that table. What I have found is that selecting an item in that table returns the 'SysID' of the model. I'm sure that there is a way to retrieve the Position Number from the 'SysID'; I just don't know how to do it.

I am no expert at finding parameters and other data behind the scenes.  I was only suggesting where to look for more information.

Hello Peter,

The name of the BOM logical table is "AM-BOM-DATA-LTAB"

In the reference manual of the integration kit, you can find out how to read logical tables.

With (display (sd-get-logical-table-key-column-identifiers "AM-BOM-DATA-LTAB")) you will see all the columns

With sd-read-logical-table-cell you can read a value from the logical table from a certain row and column.

The sys-id is the unique identifier in this logical table, so you will certainly be able to fetch the position number out of it.

Best regards,

Wim.

Peter,

I guess that you are using Creo Elements/Direct (CoCreate). Unfortunatelly you have opened a discussion in Creo Parametric area .

MH

Martin Hanák
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

On my system it says that this discussion is in the PTC Creo Elements/Direct area.

Hi,

I apologize, I missed information at the top of the page.

area.png

MH

Martin Hanák

We all do

Top Tags