cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Pro/E Skeletons

SOLVED
Highlighted

Question on Pro/E Skeletons

I need some help with using ProE skeletons.

We currently use skeletons in the models we create. Consider the following model tree:

ASM_X

ASM_X_SKEL

ASM_B

ASM_B_SKEL

ASM_C

ASM_C_SKEL

PART_F

ASM_Y

ASM_Y_SKEL

ASM_B

ASM_B_SKEL

ASM_D

ASM_C_SKEL

PART_G

In the model tree for ASM_X, PART_F is dependent on geometry from the ASM_B_SKEL and the ASM_C_SKEL. What is the best approach, I want to keep the geometry local to the respective assemblies but I need to have visibility of this geometry at the top level. I have 2 options:

1. Extract the geometry from the lower level skeletons and contain in the top level skeleton. This would have the effect of replicating the geometry from ASM_B across the top level assemblies ASM_X and ASM_Y. This would be dangerous in that if you changed the geometry specific to ASM_B in the top level skeleton in ASM_X then this would not be updated in the ASM_Y.
  2. Allow PART_F to contain copy geometry from the lower level assemblies i.e. ASM_B and ASM_C (not sure if this would even work!!!!)

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question on Pro/E Skeletons

Depends, If I understand your structure correctly, ASM_B has a skeleton. Does this assembly have lower level parts. ASM_C has a skeleton, does this have any lower level parts.

You could at the top level assembly, ASM_X, insert both ASM_B skeleton and ASM_C skeleton. Config option to allow multiple skeletons. The last feature you want in your individual skeleton is a publish geom feature which includes what you want to control in each. Then you can activate PART F and copy the publish geom from ASM_B skeleton then ASM_C skeleton seperately. This will eliminate you copied data coming from two seperate assembly skeletons.

Hope this helps, we do this on everything.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Depends, If I understand your structure correctly, ASM_B has a skeleton. Does this assembly have lower level parts. ASM_C has a skeleton, does this have any lower level parts.

You could at the top level assembly, ASM_X, insert both ASM_B skeleton and ASM_C skeleton. Config option to allow multiple skeletons. The last feature you want in your individual skeleton is a publish geom feature which includes what you want to control in each. Then you can activate PART F and copy the publish geom from ASM_B skeleton then ASM_C skeleton seperately. This will eliminate you copied data coming from two seperate assembly skeletons.

Hope this helps, we do this on everything.

View solution in original post

Hi Joseph,

I implemented what you suggested and this now appears to work correctly.

Thankyou for your input on this. Much appreciated.

Colm