I just noticed something that seems to be a bug of the software, If I am not wrong.
By chance, I carelessly created and run two structural static analyses with the same name but in two different output directories (otherwise, if in the same, it would not have been possible): one is in the default output directory and the other is another path (which I call here "B").
These two analyses were on the same assembly, however the difference between them (in addition to the different output folder as wrote before) was that the model differs in one component from one analysis to the other (one has a tube instead of a joint plate).
The problem is that when I try to open that result file in path B with the command "Results from template" (form Analyses and Design Studies window), the software goes to pick up the other one (which, as said, has the same name), which is located in the default directory --> so I see the joint plate instead of the tube as it should be.
Beyond the fact that, I know, it's not a good habit to use the same analysis name in two different models (the reason was that these were only draft tests, so didn't matter the name), could I fix someway this thing (in case it happens again) or is it a defect of the software??
It might be a Creo feature that you are running into, I'm not sure but...
if you open a part in Creo, then close the window, then open a part with the same name, Creo will take the version it already has in memory.
This might work the same with analysis results.
To prevent this from happening, you need to do #File; #Manage_session; #Erase_not_displayed to erase all items that are not displayed but still in memory.
Maybe it is worth to try this and see if it helps?
thanks for your reply, but I am sure that the other one is not in session, since the assembly is the same and I have changed that component and saved on --> so I am sure It is related to the back up of the assembly that the system makes during simulations --> it picks the old model because it picks the old back up.
by the way I am running the analysis in order to reply to you on the other post of before.
I had this problem, because before replay results to another simulation it is necessary to redefine the working directory, otherwise automatically proe recall the last study in memory and if we do not caution it can be very annoying.
thanks for your reply. The fact is that I had already redifined the working directory, so it is not the problem in my case.
I have just discovered however what might be the reason of it:
Like many others server-located paths, the directory I here named "B", for reasons I still do not know even after having opened a Case Support (whose solution says it is due to writing permissions on folders, but I verified it is not my case), is not accessible with the button"Results from template" clicked from Analyses and Design Studies window, and this error message appears:
so I think that in the case of the problem of this topic, the software search for the result file in the directory "B" and, finding it inaccessible, turns to the same name analysis contained in the default directory (which does not have the accessibility problem) and opens it (without showing the error message above), with the old backup.