cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Batch Office Import

rattmice
12-Amethyst

Batch Office Import

Is there a way to batch import thousands of Word documents into Codebeamer?  I understand that the UI is more of a wizard approach with the ability to select a file, set rules, preview, then finally import.  But if I want to assume the content is good and use a basic rule (e.g. import all with no conditions) then is there a way to do this?

The back story is that the documents are exported from an old and non-accessible system and Word docs are the only file format available so ReqIF is not an option.  Or is this a situation to hire a bunch of interns, show them how to import using the CB UI, then let them loose to import everything?

2 REPLIES 2

Codebeamer Word import function can handle one document per import, it is not possible to add more to import them at the same time.

If you can create one document from the export documents, and import that one, you can select items to import into different trackers based on some condition.

This is an interesting twist I hadn't thought of which might be a good option in other scenarios but in this case someone (or some to be developed tool) would need to combine 2,500-10,000 Word docs into a single one and still go through the import process that many times and I fear there would be too much data in a single file to be parsed efficiently and the selection process would be tedious.  Manually creating a tracker then import a single file with no specific rules might be the most straight forward path in this case but I like your suggestion.

Announcements

Top Tags