cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Use 'Task Type' field selection to determine additional required fields

CD_10972427
5-Regular Member

Use 'Task Type' field selection to determine additional required fields

In codebeamer v2.0.0.2,

I've added a choice field 'Tracker Type' (choiceList[6]) to a Task tracker 'Project Task' that will select from an options list and is mandatory in all status values
I've added a choice field 'Complaint' to Task tracker 'Project Task' that will point to another work item
I would like for the 'Complaint' field to be mandatory only if choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'

Scenario 1:

I've tried setting the 'Mandatory if:' field to "choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'" and the 'Mandatory in Status:' field to None.
This results in the 'Complaint' field NOT being mandatory for 'Project Task' items with "choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'" or other values of choiceList[6]

Scenario 2:
I've tried setting the 'Mandatory if:' field to "choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'" and the 'Mandatory in Status:' field to ALL but ['--', 'Blocked', 'Draft']
This results in the 'Complaint' field being mandatory for 'Project Task' items with choiceList[6] == any value

@Karol_Arorian  Any chance you can help here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CD_10972427
5-Regular Member
(To:CD_10972427)

I created a custom text field and computed the value as taskType to find out what the value was in codebeamer. Then I set the 'Mandatory if' value for the Complaints field to: 
taskType == "[<Complaints Investigation(id=11, offset=11, labelId=1006)>]"

Worked like a champ!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CD_10972427
5-Regular Member

I've also tried Scenario 1 with State Transition from Draft to Ready with:

Condition

(choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation' && complaint != "--") || choiceList[6] != 'Complaints Investigation'

Guard Condition:

Task Type is in "Compaints Investigation"

Compaint is not in "--"

Actions:
   None

This results in the 'Complaint' field NOT being mandatory for 'Project Task' items with "choiceList[6] == 'Complaints Investigation'" or other values of choiceList[6]

CD_10972427
5-Regular Member

'Task Type' field in tracker 'Project Task' is choiceList[6] with options of ['Dev', 'Complaints Investigation', 'Analysis']

If I set the 'Mandatory if' value in the 'Complaint' field in the same tracker to the following values, I get the result noted:

choiceList[6] eq choiceList[6] - Complaint field IS required
choiceList[6] eq "Complaints Investigation" - Complaint field IS NOT required
choiceList[6] eq choiceList[6]_$option[11] - Complaint field IS NOT required
choiceList[6] eq choiceList[6]_$option["Complaints Investigation"] - Complaint field IS NOT required

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?

CD_10972427
5-Regular Member

I created a custom text field and computed the value as taskType to find out what the value was in codebeamer. Then I set the 'Mandatory if' value for the Complaints field to: 
taskType == "[<Complaints Investigation(id=11, offset=11, labelId=1006)>]"

Worked like a champ!

Top Tags