cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

3D mice for CAD and non-CAD

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

3D mice for CAD and non-CAD

Ok people.  What is everyone using for a 3D mouse and how do you like it?  I'm looking for one that is good for both CAD and a lot of other work.  Not just for CAD.

6 REPLIES 6
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:STEVEG)

I have a 3D Connexion Space Navigator and really like it.  I don't use it for many non-CAD applications, however.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:dgschaefer)

It sounds like it wouldn't be useful for someone that doesn't use cad ALOT.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:STEVEG)

You reminded me to look into vertical mice.

I use the Space Mouse.

I don't do shortcut keys and I don't really need buttons.  Even 2 is two too many.

I did opt for the heft, but the wireless is a nice feature that functions very well.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Vertical mouse comment: I've used the same Evoluent vertical mouse 3 for 9 years. Took me about 10 minutes to get used to it. Eliminated the wrist pain that had suddenly developed after an environment change.

I have an Evoluent Vertical Mouse too and love it.  I'm on my third, I think.  The early models would wear on the bottom so much that eventually the lower button wouldn't work.  Took several years, though.  Had the USB cable on another go bad and replaced it with a wireless.  The cable is now replaced and I keep it in my laptop bag for traveling and use the wireless one at my desk.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

You should make a poll...

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags