cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Auxiliary applications loading

HendrikDenner
1-Newbie

Auxiliary applications loading

Hi There Fellow Pro Engineer users I would like to know if there is a way to get ProE to Automaticaly load a Auxiliary program when I open it. Or if ProE can Automatically execute a single mapkey every time Proe is Loaded. Thanks for your help on this
4 REPLIES 4

Hendrik, A couple of possibilities: 1. Probably could be done with Pro/Toolkit, don't know for sure. 2. An easier solution might be to use a Trail File for a short session that makes the external call or mapkey call you want to make. See a post in this forum from Andrew Deighton, Mar 22, 2007, 6:41 pm, his response to a topic titled menu_def.pro, ... David

Hendrik, See also: http://www.proesite.com/newframe.htm?/nttips.htm on starting external programs from within Pro/E (from another Andrew Deighton post, topic Mapkeys, Feb 20, 2007, 4:39 pm). David

Thanks Guys Will give it a tryand see wat I can do, at the moment I just created a mapkey F2 that loads it every time you press it when proe starts.

If it's an auxiliary program which you normally start using: Tools>Auxiliary Applications>Register Then you can use the config.pro option "protkdat" to the full path of the .dat file. Alternatively you can have a file protk.dat in the Pro/ENGINEER install /text directory, and this should take the format similar to: name ProGeomCaliperLI startup DLL delay_start FALSE exec_file D:\ptc\Geometric\ProGeomCaliper\WF3\ProGeomCaliperLI.dll text_dir D:\ptc\Geometric\ProGeomCaliper\text end name eDrawings startup DLL delay_start FALSE exec_file $PRO_DIRECTORY\$PRO_MACHINE_TYPE\obj\proeconnector.dll text_dir $PRO_DIRECTORY end I hope this helps.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags