cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Background Bitmaps

pedgar
1-Newbie

Background Bitmaps

HI everyone. Again an existencial doubt that i have. Since there a lot of softwares that can have a plane with an image, so we can use it as a reference, and "draw" over it... well i just wonder if we are able to do so in Pro-e? I mean, is there any way to use a brackground bitmap or reference image plane in pro-e. I understand it´s posible inside style tool, isn´t it? But is there any other way? Thank you very much, as usual.
3 REPLIES 3

Yes, it's possible. I don't know if there's a better way than this though. Extrude a surface with the same height/width ratio as the image you want to use. Scale the surface to a suitable size. View --> Color and Appearance --> + (Add new appearance) Press the Map tab and add decal. Choose your image and apply it to the previously extruded surface. Flip if necessary.

Also, make sure that you change the config.pro option save_texture_with_model to yes, otherwise the image will not stay with your part.

Another way is to use the style feature (need ISDX license) Under Styling use trace sketch, use as trace plane the plane that you have sketched before a curve to match your required bitmap size
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags