cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

CAD Worker 9.1

HerbertMiller
1-Newbie

CAD Worker 9.1

Does anybody know why communication between a CAD worker and Windchill would suddenly come to a stop causing all publishing jobs to fail? All services look like they are running properly but for some reason Windchill can no longer find an avaliable worker. I know how to resolve the issue quickly but I just do not understand how or what makes this happen.

1 REPLY 1

Hi Herb,

You need to elobrate a bit more. can you attach the Worker, helper and monitor log for a job that failed in sucha fashon ? (found in proe_setup dir on the CAD worker machine)

Possible causes and remidies:-

1) Is this an cluster configuration with CAD Worker installed on Windows remote NT machine? If so please ckeck if the host file of the cad Worker machine has an entry for the IP of the Windchill server and Windchill Server's hostname (Master). This host name is usually found in the adaptor.pvi file in the CAD Worker machine .

2) If the Comunication between the CAD worker and Windchill server is via FTP make sure that the FTP serverce is set to auto start and is always up and running. Also check theat the FTP password has not expired.

3) Check if any zombie process is clogging port 5600 on the Windchill server.

You said that "I know how to resolve the issue quickly" can you please elobrate on how you fix the issue ?

Regards,

~ Vaibhav Mhala

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags