cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

CAM Software for ProE

engineering2
1-Newbie

CAM Software for ProE

Right now we are using Mastercam for CAM, but we are looking for a CAM software that integrates with ProE, so that we can eliminate file translations. I know of Pro-NC and Hypermill. Are there any other good packages available? And does anyone have any experiences with these, good or bad?
6 REPLIES 6

"David Yu" wrote:

Right now we are using Mastercam for CAM, but we are looking for a CAM software that integrates with ProE, so that we can eliminate file translations. I know of Pro-NC and Hypermill. Are there any other good packages available? And does anyone have any experiences with these, good or bad?

Hello, As I heard from my colleagues, ProNC is one of the best CNC module. There is also the Vericut module to check your toolpaths, ...

Hello I user of Pro/NC, for me that is best, but I am learning. If your hear anything, let me know, send me please. Thanks & Regards

I use GibbsCAM with Pro/e files though you need to purchase the Granite translator module from them. They are beefing up their surfacing routines for a fall release of GibbsCAM 2008, which will put the capabilities more in line with Pro/NC.
Not applicable
(To:ptc-525826)

I suggest learning and utilizing ProNC as a cam package. Pro NC will ave a little higher learning curve since it resembles the file architecture of Pro E 2001, but if you are considering keeping with Pro E as a cad packege this can't be beat. You can keep part and tool paths parametric, without any loss of translation.
ptc-1010422
1-Newbie
(To:)

Model translate the painful experience for all users. And if you are doing frequent prototyping by modify the model, trail-and-error (generally it is a product R&D/research and development steps)and fine tune the output, packaged ProNC with the proE is the only choice if you use ProE as the design module. Ten years ProE/ProMFG player.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags