cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

CONCURRENT ENGINEERING

visu
1-Newbie

CONCURRENT ENGINEERING

Dear Folks

My firm using creo/elements pro and Windchill PDM 10.0

May i know how 3 users can work in single top level assembely?

4 REPLIES 4
VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine
(To:visu)

Try to Create External Simplified Reps

You can use external simplified representations to store representations of assemblies without modifying the original assembly.

External simplified representations are stored as special assembly type files, with a standard *.asm extension. Because it is a separate assembly file, you can even manage it using a data management system such as Pro/INTRALINK or Windchill PDMLink.

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy

Hi

Actually I have another doubt regard this,

May I know how to create common workspace?

Because each user has individual user id, and different work space then how possible to work as concurrent A top level assembly?

Else if we created external simplified representation for A top level assembly, and checked in appropriate place, and other users by automatically add them to workspace, they can work on different sub-assemblies (by check out) and it updates frequently? for all users to avoid clashing?

Actually I am scratch on this concurrent engineering if any helpful PDF is available kindly provide me.

Regards

Viswanthan.K

VladimirPalffy
13-Aquamarine

Hi,

External Simplified Reps is as part of Advanced assembly training - you can try to find some e-learning on PTC University : http://www.ptc.com/training

Regards,

Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Alain
1-Newbie

Working with 3 engineers on one single top level assembly requires the people to talk to each other and inform each other who is doing what.

In the Intralink days we locked the parts we wanted to work on for other users and only one user was allowed to change the top assembly. . Checking in parts and updating the files in PRO/E memory helps the other users to see what is already done.

My advice to you: lock parts and let your engineers talk to each other

Cheers,

Alain

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags