cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Convert Windchill cache for WF4

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Convert Windchill cache for WF4

I have WF4 M040 loaded. I just installed M060. When I start M040 I have no problem but when starting M060 I receive anwarning message:

Windchill cache must be converted to 2008 format.

Press OK to convet, Cancel to exit application.

We are still use WF3 but I am looking at WF4. Did anyone else receive this error and will it present a problem for me when going back to WF3? Would I not recieve this error if I deleted all my workspaces and the PTC directory on my computer?

Steve G

1 REPLY 1
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

Chris R provided the answer.

I renamed the PTC directory from WF3in my profile but I still received the error. He suggested using the PTC_WF_ROOT environment variable.For thosethat do not know this is usedto set thedirectory somewhere else instead of the default C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\PTC.

My problem was that I already had that in my startup script but forgot about it. I wanted to make sure I did not mix my WF3 files with WF4. Once I deleted the directoriesWF4 created (.Settings & .cache2008) in the other directoryI did not receive the message any more. WF4 also creates a couple files .lock & .wfwsi2008. I deleted them too just in case.

Steve G

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags