cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creo 2 - Build Level

RonSt.Pierre
11-Garnet

Creo 2 - Build Level

What is the most stable build level?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RonSt.Pierre)

I never mind upgrading build codes since you can always downgrade. Most of the time they are usually helpful, only once or twice have I had a major issue that forced a downgrade.

I know here, they typically have someone remote in to install the build codes so updating all the users becomes a major undertaking.

Now going to a new major release, that's a pain.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

The next one (always the correct answer)

Thanks for the giggle Mike...

While I agree with the logic, I have seen where new builds do fix a lot of bugs but also create new ones.

History, and reason for the question:

Change at my location makes pulling teeth an easy affair and after two years of begging, we went from WF4 to Creo 2 M100.

I noticed quite a few things that were not working like I anticipated and I, and only I, loaded M180 because of a post here stating I think over 600 bug fixes from m120 to M180.  While some of these items I was concerned about disappeared with the M180 build, not all were.

So I figure I have only one snowball chance in he77 to get this right so I am putting it out to the guru's so I can go back and say "this is it"!

(I've been on M180 for about a week, the rest have been requested to change to M100 but are reluctant to move from WF4)

ron

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I agree with Mike 100%. I am on M170 (about a month or 2) and it seems good.

Stephen,

What version/build did you enhance from?

Have you noticed anything different in your working with CP2?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I don't specifically remember but I think it was M150. I believe I started Creo 2 on M060 then M090, M100, M120, M150.

Sometimes I will ask for a specific build to see if it fixes some issue we are experiencing. Usually they were pre-tested by our CAD Admin group but haven't been pushed out for whatever reason.

I haven't notice much of anything with this build, which is a good thing. I did experience a PDMLink workspace issue when the upgrade was applied but that was really my fault since I hadn't cleaned up and rebuilt my local cache in some time.  I think the PDMLink issue may have also been associated to the Creo 3 installation at the same time as the build upgrade, but it still is really a workspace maintenance issue I brought on to myself.

Stephan,

Thanks for the response, it's greatly appreciated

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I never mind upgrading build codes since you can always downgrade. Most of the time they are usually helpful, only once or twice have I had a major issue that forced a downgrade.

I know here, they typically have someone remote in to install the build codes so updating all the users becomes a major undertaking.

Now going to a new major release, that's a pain.

I suggest you to join this group Performance Advisor for PTC Creo and to take a look at this new tools (only for maintenance users).

It's now two months since we are using Performance Advisor for Creo and the number of unexpected exits are going down.

Marco

I'm going to mark this as a correct answer since it gave me a vital piece of information that calmed my fears - ability to downgrade/change builds.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags