cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Server registration location

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Server registration location

I'm getting ready to roll out Creo 2.0-m120 and I'm noticing a change from the earilier versions I've run

All of my startup script have a line to remove srv_mgr_db.fldx from the APPDATA folder.

Recent revs have stored it here:
del "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\PTC\Creo\Platform\2.28\agent\ServerMgr\.srv_mgr_db.fldx"

At one point it was in Roaming instead of Local

Now I don't find it anywhere in m120.

Did they get rid of this?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

3 REPLIES 3

Here you go David.

"%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Creo\Platform\ServerMgr

Thanks, I was searching everywhere for this. I kept dropping the files from %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf and then they would magically reappear when I restarted Creo 3.0. Good to know this stuff is now stored in a new location and a new file name.

PTC responded to me. Woo Hoo!!!!

They got rid of this starting in m110. I'm glad, because it was a pain since the path changed with each release, and I had to modify my startup script each time.

Here's the details.
Technical Area:

Integration with Windchill Solutions

Release:

Product:

Creo Parametric

Last Modified:

2014-04-25 03:33:42

Title

When upgrading from one Creo Parametric Maintenance Release to another, Secondary Servers are not retained in Server Registry

Description

* When upgrading from one Creo Parametric Maintenance Release to another, Secondary Windchill servers are not retained in Server Registry
* Secondary Windchill servers are no longer listed in Server Management after installing a new version of Creo Parametric

Applies To

* Creo Parametric 2.0 M100 and earlier
* Windchill Solutions All Releases

Cause

* Primary and Secondary Server Registry information is maintained in %localappdata%\PTC\PTC\Creo\Platform\2.xx\ServerMgr\".srv_mgr_db.fldx where the 2.xx directory is unique per Maintenance Release. On start up of a new Maintenance Release, only the Primary Server registry detail is copied from the previous release directory to the new release directory.

Resolution

* Reported to R&D as SPR 2212082
* Software fix expected for Creo Parametric 2.0 M110
* Server registry information (both primary and secondary) will instead be written to %PTC_WF_ROOT% and will will not change between Maintenance Releases
* Workarounds:
* Copy previous Maintenance Release .srv_mgr_db.fldx file into the latest version of the file
* Shutdown Creo Parametric
* Kill the creoagent.exe process
* Backup %localappdata%\PTC\Creo\Platform directory content
* Copy contents of the previous release %localappdata%\PTC\Creo\Platform\2.xx directory to the new release directory, for example:
* Copy contents of %localappdata%\PTC\Creo\Platform\2.27 to %localappdata%\PTC\Creo\Platform\2.28 (if upgrading from Creo 2.0 M070 to Creo 2.0 M080)
* Merge previous Maintenance Release .srv_mgr_db.fldx file entries into the latest version of the file
* Shutdown Creo Parametric
* Kill the creoagent.exe process
* Backup %localappdata%\PTC\Creo\Platform directory content
* Merge contents of the previous release %localappdata%\PTC\Creo\Platform\2.xx\ServerMgr\.srv_mgr_db.fldx into new release .srv_mgr_db.fldx file

David Haigh
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags