cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo Splash Screen confusion

DamianCastillo
1-Newbie

Creo Splash Screen confusion

I was just looking at my splash screen when running Creo and I notice it says "Creo Parametric".

Well, this makes sense because Parametric is the app we have. But If we add the Direct app down the road, what would the splash screen say?

Would it still say Creo Parametric and Direct is an app I can launch after the fact?

What if I am a Creo Direct customer. I would imagine when I launch Creo the splash screen would say "Creo Direct". If I then purchased the Parametric app, what would the splash screen say?

Would it still say Creo Direct and Parametric is an app I can launch after the fact?

You see my confusion here. If Creo is a Platform for running apps. How does the splash screen determine what to display. I would think the Splash screen should just say "Creo"

Things like this keep me up at night.

1 REPLY 1
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:DamianCastillo)

I dont' think Creo Direct is accessible by launching Creo Parametric or vice versa. They are seperate applications to my knowledge, so they'll each have their own splash screen.

There is a module for Creo Parametric that adds much of the Creo Direct functionality, called Flexible Modeling, but I hear it has some pretty major bugs. Apparently drawings don't even update after direct edits. But then with the existing offset and translate/rotate tools, you have to wonder why they bother. To me it seems that Flexible Modeling is a vertical product providing a new UI for existing functions via grouped features with special icons. It should be finsihed, integrated, and in the foundation package.

Although I'd rather they concentrate on fixing the appalling Mirror function that you can't even redefine without copying surfaces first. Pretty bad given the age of the program.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags