Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo2 - build code

Creo2 - build code

More food for thought about which build of Creo 2 to shoot for.

Per PTC's Windchill/Creo Compatibility Matrix (see

BTW, the significance of WC 10.2 m020 is that it is the first build to provide support for Win 8.1 a...

RE: Creo2 - build code

Bill is the improved something you just noticed through testing, or did you actaully see or read about this improvement?

We are getting ready to pull the trigger and load M100, and we do use PDM/Link.

Let me know if you have any further info.

Thanks

Creo2 - build code

We have been on M050 for a while and have issues with check-ins of assemblies from CREO workspaces where it would start the check-in but never finish and we would have to force CREO to shut down. It seems that each time a new build had come out, there seemed to be something to pop up right away and I waited. Then someone mentioned that M100 seemed to get rid of this. So I put it on the user that had the most issues for this and let him test it. He started checking in and it seems to have fixed his check-in problems. I also updated to the latest update of Java 7 at the same time. Before updating his CREO, I looked at the list of issues between M050 and M100 and picked out the ones that seemed like they would affect us and I could not get them to duplicate on my system, so it seemed that they might be more company/case specific. Grant it, this is only our third day on M100, but all is going good still.

Brian Toussaint
Systems Administrator

Hoshizaki America, Inc.
"A Superior Degree Of Reliability"
618 Hwy. 74 S., Peachtree City, GA 30269

Creo2 - build code

Brad,
Actual testing...We received a pre-release of M110 along with testing the released version of M110.

In our environment...
M100 is more reliable when compared to M070 and M050. Just started testing M110 so have no comment here yet.
M100 is the slowest build we tested out of all Creo 2 builds for communication with Windchill.

We are using M100 because of a reliability issue with M070. (TMP files in users cache folders which hung the Creo session)

Creo2 - build code

Thanks for all the info Bill!

Which version of Windchill are you on?
We are using 10.1 m020.

Thanks,
Brad