cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Extrude with draft

MukaSingh
1-Newbie

Extrude with draft

Is it possible to extrude with draft on a sketch in ProE? If so can you do multiple draft angle in the same extrude?

5 REPLIES 5

Is there no option for this or no one knows or care for this option?

You can use the offset with draft tool. There may be other ways, you can do a split draft with the draft tool.

I couldn't start with a quilt though. I had to thicken it to .02 inches to get it to work.

rick

(edit)

I think it would be more practical to create multiple extrudes, and put draft on them as you go, the afore mentioned isn't the best way to do this.

The first attachment is a split draft on an extrude using DTM2 as the hing.

the simple answer is no, there are work arounds like the above mentioned but thats not really a proper draft. you would need to extrude your shape then use the draft tool. at least in wf4

I am a real novice at this. I am the account manager for a company that does prototyping. I have no formal training in mech engineer and have virtually zero experience with pro engineer.

A customer provided an igs drawing without the thickness. How can I add thickness on the drawing and would like to extrude the 2d into 3 d for the purposes of showing the thickness.

SOmetimes it helps sales to be able to provide drawings for customers

Here is a picture of something that I lost the sale due to not having a 3d drawing.

I can imagine constructing something from the images provided . any help would be apprecaited

thanks

thanks

Hi Muka,

As has been told to you already the simple answer is no.

Of course ProE is powerful so there are all sorts of ways of forcing it to do similar to what you want. Most of these add complexity without adding value and are tricky to explain.

I recommend the best/simplest solution being to make your extrude with parallel walls as usual then add draft as a succeeding feature. You can use the loop selection method to pick all the side surfaces of the extrusion then apply your draft to these. This method has the advantage of allowing you to control the way the draft works (e.g. from the top or the bottom or some place in between and also if you are drafting in one or two directions).

Hope this helps

Regards, Brent Drysdale

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags