cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Help Center not working, and neither is my eLearning Library

SebastianJanows
1-Newbie

Help Center not working, and neither is my eLearning Library

It sure would help if my resource center was working. When I click on help center, the mouse cursor changes to the busy icon and the program just hangs. In the tray, I get a nice circle with an X icon relling me that Help Center is running, but that's about it.

If I double click the icon, it eventually brings up a browser with the default help page. Context Sensitive Help is therefore also useless.

I paid for the eLearning Library 1 year subscription, and cannot log into that either.

How do I get this working? What did I just pay $200 for? Tech support is unresponsive.

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1

8GB RAM

14 REPLIES 14

Sebastian,

please, if you describe your problem provide us with detailed description ... E.g. I don't understand what you mean with "resource center" and "When I click on help center, ...".

Note: Sometimes PTC websites do not work correctly in specific browser. User can try IE7, IE8 and Firefox 3.6. ...

Martin

Martin Hanák

Help Center, as in the Help menu -> Help Center selection fron Pro/E. PTC's web site apparently doesn't work in the Pro/E browser which is used for the help files then.

Sebastian,

by default, Help > Help Center from Pro/E launches locally installed PTC/Help (in ProE Wildfire 5.0). If you install ProE Wildfire 5.0, you have to select PTC/Help item to install it properly. PTC/Help is installed in PROE\html\proe_help directory.

Martin

Martin Hanák

It's all there in "C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Student Edition\html\proe_help" but does not come up when I select it from the menu.

If you email -, they will address your eLearning issues immediately.

Sebastian,

are you able to launch C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Student Edition\html\proe_help\proe_help.exe from Windows Explorer ?

Martin

INFO: I never use installation directory containing spaces, I suggest you to install ProE into C:\ptc\proeWF5.

Martin Hanák

Matthew,

Thanks for the info.

Martin, I used the default installation directory. When I run the pro_help.exe executable, the PTC help center browser opens with a blank (Navigation to the webpage was canceled) page.

Sebastian,

I displayed Properties of proe_help directory in Windows Explorer.

It reports that the directory contains 1043 files in 114 folders. Size is 763 MB.

You can check proe_help directory on your PC.

---

Also you can try to reinstall ProE into C:\ptc\proeWF5 directory.

---

It is also possible that the problem is linked with Student version of ProE.

---

Martin

Martin Hanák

My help directory has 1065 files in 114 folder and is 675MB in size. More files, of less size.

Sebastian,

my last attempt ...

1.] Please look into C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Student Edition\html\proe_help\project\WEB-INF\volume directory. You must see proe_help_en.zip file there (and maybe help archives for other languages).

2.] Open Command Prompt window and launch following commands in it:

set PRO_LANG=english

C:\Program Files\ProENGINEER Student Edition\html\proe_help\proe_help.exe

Martin

Martin Hanák

Martin,

The proe_help_en.zip file exists.

Running the commands in an administrative command prompt does the same as previously. The PTC browser opens with a "Navigaton to the webpage was canceled" page.

Sebastian,

i think you need to have the Java Runtime installed.

Reinhard

I have JRE installed. I actually have the SDK installed as well for Eclipse.

Sebastian,

I tested installation of PTC/HELP WF5 in Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (I don't have SP1 installed).

I used commercial installation package Creo Elements/Pro M080.

On my computer PTC/HELP WF5 works fine.

I am sorry I don't have any other idea concerning your problem. So I give up...

Martin

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags