cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to display notes ?

Sylvain
1-Newbie

How to display notes ?

Hello

After the story of the hidden lines last week, here is my new challenge of the week :

Displaying Notes

First of all, the Annotation Element Display button is activated.

Then, I do the Annotation Plane Definition with View > Annotation Orientation

When I do Insert > Annotations > Notes and I try to place a note, ProEngineer simply does not display the note...

If I try Insert > Annotations > Notes, then Show > All, the notes are not displayed.

Is there a special command or option that allows to display the notes ?

I use Pro Engineer Wildfire 4.0 Student Edition. Perhaps it is a limitation of the Student Edition, but I did not find any information about this.

Thanks.

Sylvain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Sylvain)

A couple of things to check:

1) Check that the notes are not hidden in the model tree. You may need to set the tree filters to show annotations to see them.

2) Check the config.pro to see if the option model_note_display is set (same as using the 3D Note Display icon). Option is now a hidden one.

3) You can add the 3D Note Display icon to the tool bar by customizing the screen.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Kevin
10-Marble

A couple of things to check:

1) Check that the notes are not hidden in the model tree. You may need to set the tree filters to show annotations to see them.

2) Check the config.pro to see if the option model_note_display is set (same as using the 3D Note Display icon). Option is now a hidden one.

3) You can add the 3D Note Display icon to the tool bar by customizing the screen.

Sylvain
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Hello Kevin !

Thanks, the problem was the model_note_display parameter set to no ...

The funny stuff is that there is no word about this parameter in the ProEngineer help.

Have a nice week-end !

Sylvain

Kevin
10-Marble

This usually happens when using a config.pro setup created for use with an earlier version. PTC will remove options or make them hidden which is what happened in this case as it was an option listed in WF3 and earlier. This is one reason it's suggested to be careful if using a config.pro from an earlier version.

James62
10-Marble

hi Sylvain,

I am solving the same problem at the moment.

You can make notes in assembly mode that act like datums. Theres an icon to show and hide annotation in the same panel with datum planes, points etc. Maybe you can add notes in part mode too, I am not sure.

I used the same command to create my note: Insert > Annotations > Notes

Then I did following:

Obr0032.jpg

I am in mold assembly mode creating that note btw

Obr0033.jpg

Obr0034.jpg

Obr0036.jpg

Obr0038.jpg

Obr0039.jpg

Obr0041.jpg

Obr0042.jpg

Obr0043.jpg

Obr0044.jpg

Obr0045.jpg

Obr0046.jpg

Note that in thel last picture I am pointing at the same pin on the other side of the assembly which is the exact same pin. Right now I am trying to figure out how to make a note with two leaders to the same note so I can point at that other pin at the same time.

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:James62)

In your pictures select Mod Attach. If it works like notes in a model there should be an Add Ref selection, select that and hold the CTRL key while making other selections.

James62
10-Marble
(To:Kevin)

hi Kevin,

That works great.

Obr0058.jpg

Thanks alot.

Hello Jakub

Thank you for your very detailed procedure. It was not the problem I had, but I will keep it if necessary

Sylvain

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags