cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to stop Creo from reorienting the view when switching sections

MaCallan
4-Participant

How to stop Creo from reorienting the view when switching sections

When switching sections in a model or assy, the screen view reorients to what seems like a random position.

I then have to spend time and thought adjusting the view to get back to where I was. Very tiresome.

Can't find anywhere to control it so that the view stays put.

Anyone know how?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

1.jpg

Matt,

Does Gary's response answer your question?

MaCallan
4-Participant
(To:ClintWalton)

No -  it seems to be answering a different question than I asked.

Do you have any suggestions? 

bshepherd
4-Participant
(To:MaCallan)

Do you mean section views?  How are you switching?  Right click in model tree and clicking activate?  My model does not re-orient when doing so.

MaCallan
4-Participant
(To:bshepherd)

I usually switch sections within the View Manager, but I just checked the tree method and behavior is the same.

By the way, I'm not sure I gave a perfectly clear description of the issue (partly because it seems inconsistent). One thing I just noticed when checking the tree method is that it didn't reorient the model, it reoriented the view (moves the part on the screen).

So this is a problem mostly when zoomed way in and area i am working on suddenly disappears from the center of the screen and I have to go find it again. This happens even when  the the 2 sections pass through the same point.

bshepherd
4-Participant

Matt,

I can now duplicate your issue.  I am not sure there is a solution to this, I looked through all the config options.  If I find one I will let you know.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Creo seems to determine your position by it's relationship to the total envelope area of the model.  Any time the envelope changes, the viewing position moves.  This happens when suppressing or resuming features, changing dimensions, or using simplified reps.  I think you're seeing the same behavior with cross sections because everything removed by the cross section in no longer be included in the effective envelope area.  Fundamentally Creo should be remembering your viewing position (including zoom) based on the built-in (hidden) world coordinate system without regard to changes in the total model area.

MaCallan
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Tom -  Are you saying that it is what it is and there's is no way to control it?

Maybe everyone using Proe suffers silently?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Basically, yes.  I'm saying that's my best guess at what's happening, and yes, it's one of those things that drives you nuts but you just learn to live with it.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags