cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mapkey "make all constrains strong" in the 2D sketcher

didriek
6-Contributor

Mapkey "make all constrains strong" in the 2D sketcher

Hi all,

I used to use a very handy mapkey in Wildfire to make all small constrains stong in one second...

It is very hard to klick on them, and ofthen you have a lot of them in you sketcher....

Here is it:

mapkey alls @MAPKEY_LABELmake all strong;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`1 `View`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `View.OrientationCascadeBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `MenuBar1`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `View.OrientationCascadeBtn`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `main_dlg_cur` `psh_view_refit`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`1 `3`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Timer `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `popupMenuRMBTimerCB`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `rmb_popup` `PopupSketchWeakStrong`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Open `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `Sst_bar.filter_list`1 `2`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `rmb_popup` `PopupSketchWeakStrong`;

But it is one I got send myself, it's not that you can 'record' this one....

Only, working in an other company on Creo instead of Wildfire and it is not working anymore

Who has the knowledge to update it to Creo, so I can use it again... and once I got my answer, feel free to it use too!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:didriek)

I'm not sure how you'd do it without recording it. The days of writing mapkeys from scratch are gone, the language is too obscure. I had two thoughts, and both failed:

1. Use the find tool to select all dims in the sketch that are weak. Unfortunately, the find tool does not work in sketcher. I'm not sure why. I thought it once did, but I checked back to WF4 and it does not.
  2. Set the filter in the bottom right to 'Dimension', reset the view so the entire sketch is visible, drag a window over the visible area, RMB and select 'strong' from the pop up menu. Trying to read the code you posted, it seems that might be what it does. However, I couldn't get it to select anything via the window, so the mapkey failed. Part of the problem is dragging a window doesn't reliably select everything inside the window, mapkey or not.

The third try was the charm, but it's so simple you may not need the mapkey. Under the 'Select' tool on the sketch toolbar is a drop down that will allow you to select all. This grabs everything, geometry and dims. However, if you RMB it makes the 'strong' command available. it has no effect on geometry and makes all dims strong. I was able to record this into a mapkey:

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdEditAll` ;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;~ Command `ProCmdEditWeakStrong`;

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

I'm not sure how you'd do it without recording it. The days of writing mapkeys from scratch are gone, the language is too obscure. I had two thoughts, and both failed:

1. Use the find tool to select all dims in the sketch that are weak. Unfortunately, the find tool does not work in sketcher. I'm not sure why. I thought it once did, but I checked back to WF4 and it does not.
  2. Set the filter in the bottom right to 'Dimension', reset the view so the entire sketch is visible, drag a window over the visible area, RMB and select 'strong' from the pop up menu. Trying to read the code you posted, it seems that might be what it does. However, I couldn't get it to select anything via the window, so the mapkey failed. Part of the problem is dragging a window doesn't reliably select everything inside the window, mapkey or not.

The third try was the charm, but it's so simple you may not need the mapkey. Under the 'Select' tool on the sketch toolbar is a drop down that will allow you to select all. This grabs everything, geometry and dims. However, if you RMB it makes the 'strong' command available. it has no effect on geometry and makes all dims strong. I was able to record this into a mapkey:

mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdEditAll` ;\

mapkey(continued) ~ Close `rmb_popup` `PopupMenu`;~ Command `ProCmdEditWeakStrong`;

--
LinkedIn
didriek
6-Contributor
(To:dgschaefer)

Thank you!

The mapkey was from WF3 I think, the person responsable for Wildfire/Intralink programmed it...

Never even used the pull down select menu you mentioned...

I remembred in WF3 I was not able to record it... so I aked the Noob at work who was able to write it

I kept the mapkey, but it outdated it seems

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Glad to help. I almost gave up, I didn't realize the select all would work either.

I generally assume all my mapkeys will break with each major release. Most of the time that's not true, but with a big UI change like WF5 to Creo I pretty much scrapped them and started over.

--
LinkedIn
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags