cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Need to prevent a Spotlight from shining through solid objects. I have selected shadows but the light still shines through. I even put a plate which has non transparency properties right in front of the spotlight and it shines through it.

edeselm
1-Newbie

Need to prevent a Spotlight from shining through solid objects. I have selected shadows but the light still shines through. I even put a plate which has non transparency properties right in front of the spotlight and it shines through it.

Need to prevent a Spotlight from shining through solid components.  I have selected shadows but the light still shines through.  I even put a plate which has non transparency properties right in front of the spotlight and it shines through it onto other components behind the plate.  I have all other lighting (default, back, etc) turned off.

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

please tell us what version you are using. Also attach a picture and upload Creo data, if you can.

MH

Martin Hanák

Using Creo version 2.0Light issue.jpg

Hi,

in case that you are active customer I suggest you to open Case at PTC Support.

I did test in CR2, CR3, CR4 ... your problem is reproducible in interactive shading mode in all versions.

In CR4 I tested light behavior in Render mode with Keyshot renderer ... in this case result was correct.

In CR2, CR3 I was not able to produce correct result with Photorender/Photolux renderer -  I think because I do not have the appropriate knowledge .

My guess:

• in interactive shading mode Creo is not able to solve lighting realistically
  • realistic results are produced in rendering mode, only

Maybe Vladimir Palffy can explain the situation.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi all - Martin you are right

" realistic results are produced in rendering mode, only"

Sorry Edward , If you would like see your final results - you need to use Render Region or Render final objects.

Regards, Vladimir

Best Regards,
Vladimir Palffy
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags