cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Opening up older Creo files with Creo 3.0

hma
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Opening up older Creo files with Creo 3.0

Is there any way to convert older Creo files to a version that can be opened by Creo 3.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:hma)

Education version files cannot retrieve in commercial version, it needs converter license with education license.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Hans,

Older version files can directly open in Creo 3.0. Data is forward compatible, not backward.

Mahesh,

Thanks for your response! I double checked the error and the reason why I cannot open the older files is because they were created with an educational license. Is there any way I can open them up?

Hans

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Only if you have access to an educational site and can get the administrator to run the conversion to mark the file headers as being commercial instead of educational. They have a program that can do this.

Baring that, you cannot open them in a commercial version.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Education version files cannot retrieve in commercial version, it needs converter license with education license.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Hans,

Does the reply in post answer your query? You may mark the appropriate reply to post as answer.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags