cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

PTC unc.hol file is incorrect for clearance holes.

spete
5-Regular Member

PTC unc.hol file is incorrect for clearance holes.

I have noticed that the clearance hole sizes for UNC holes are off. Up until Creo, I simply edited a hole diameter in the creation process, but now I am unable to modify the value as it is greyed out. I attempted to change the .hol file manually, and the folder is read only. At this moment I am making a copy of the file an editing it, I will either need administrative help to replace the original file, or use a parameter to point Creo to a new locationfor the files. Anyone know what this parameter might be?

1 REPLY 1
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:spete)

We were just discussing this in this thread - changing tapped hole specifications ...where Bill shows the proper way to point to your custom hole files.

It is always best to make custom reference files outside the CReo install folders. Updates will overwrite everything and you could easily loose good data (ask me how I know ).

Can you post what you are finding and the references you are using?

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Shawn!

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags