cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Pro-E file conversion to previous version

ptc-430510
1-Newbie

Pro-E file conversion to previous version

Does anyone know how to convert files from WF5 to earlier versions? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

It cannot be done from within Proe. When we set-up Wildfire 4 here I asked the Tech guy from our Proe reseller why this is not possible. He explained something about when the program is upgraded the architecture of the parts/assemblies are altered to allow the new features to operate efficiently? I'm sure it has nothing to do with ensuring that maintenance/upgrade contracts are maintained! There are converters available online - somewhere! but these tend to produce an 'IGES' type .prt file, i.e. with no family tree. Hope this helps

Hi. here's a tool from Ptc to do this.... it will only reach as far as wf2, and there will be no model tree. But if you create a feature in that file in an older version and then try to open it on the newer version the model tree will be present as well as the new features... GRANITE-based Cross-Release Interoperability for Pro/ENGINEER http://www.ptc.com/products/granite/gcri/index.htm Best regards: Olavo

"Scott Jones" wrote:

It cannot be done from within Proe. When we set-up Wildfire 4 here I asked the Tech guy from our Proe reseller why this is not possible. He explained something about when the program is upgraded the architecture of the parts/assemblies are altered to allow the new features to operate efficiently? I'm sure it has nothing to do with ensuring that maintenance/upgrade contracts are maintained! There are converters available online - somewhere! but these tend to produce an 'IGES' type .prt file, i.e. with no family tree. Hope this helps

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags