cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Screw Animation moving and turn

PeerapongSarath
4-Participant

Screw Animation moving and turn

Is there a way to do the animation by move and turn the screw together?
8 REPLIES 8

You will need to add a motor to the screw. This may have another name in different WF versions, but you need to have a timed motor that will turn on when you need it and turn off when needed. I had one designer that had an electric starter that had the internals turning while the animation was running. He had the assy explode and then unexplode. Eric

Peerapong, I'm not sure exactly what you mean by Animation for the screws. (The rotational insertion of the screws is not the exactly the same as the "real" mechanism motions with the screws in place.) If you work strictly within Mechanism you can use the Motor approach suggested by Eric. There is also an "old-fashioned" way of doing this with relations and equations to focus on screw insertion only. You can set it up so that hitting one mapkey will show the screw or screws moving and simultaneously rotating from a starting to an ending position. It will give you a series of small incremental movements (not absolutely smooth), and it's a little involved, but if you would prefer the latter approach I can give you more detail. David

As I look at your picture some more I do see that you have a servo motor added already. Are you using snapshots to move your parts? You would turn on your motor and then explode your assembly. You must use snapshots to get your parts to move from point "A" to "B" all while the motor is turned on. I think you can define the motor to a set amount of time and rotation, but you might be limited in animation as opposed to using the mech design extension. The mech design has a lot more options on position and motors, but it is not the regular animation. Eric

Sa-waht dee Peerapong, You can show both movement and rotation with animation. First, take snapshots of the starting and ending positions and set your key frame sequence for the time period you desire. Next, add a servo motor for the rotation, set the profile specification to velocity (deg/sec), and set your rotation speed for the number of degrees per second that you desire (in the box with an A). If the screw rotates the wrong direction, pick the flip box under the type tab. A new time line will be added to run concurrently with the first one you set up.

Sawadee Krub Eric/Devid/Moroshita San, Thank you very much for your involved to my topic. I will try to do the screw tightening animation with you comment and give you the result soo. Thanks,

Use a cylinder connection - this has two joint axis and allows both a rotational and a linear motor to be added to the part. Or you could get really fancy and create the screw thread [helical sweep] and use the edge of the thread form in a slot and follower connection. Apply a cylinder connection and a rotational motor. Sean

Peerapong, Here is the "old-fashioned" (before Pro/E had Animation capability) method mentioned above: Create two parameters, say OFFSET and ROTATION, that control linear and rotational movement respectively, then write relations that keep them coordinated based on a third parameter designating the thread PITCH. Now, to show motion, write relations that will increment OFFSET each time you regenerate. Then create a simple mapkey that does Regenerate, Regenerate, Regenerate,... multiple times. This will create simulated proper motion of the screw. Finally, write relations to reset the model after the screw has moved some predetermined distance. OFFSET=OFFSET+.02 D0:1=OFFSET ROTATION=360*((OFFSET/PITCH)-FLOOR(OFFSET/PITCH)) D1:1=ROTATION IF OFFSET>1.0 OFFSET=0 ROTATION=0 ENDIF Obviously, D0:1 & D1:1 are the appropriate assembly dimensions for the screw. The first line increments the motion, and the third line normalizes the angle so that it is always between 0 & 360. The IF-ENDIF section resets the model to 0. You will have to take care creating your two helical cuts to make them match at 0. Also watch out for CW vs CCW positive rotation when you assemble the screw. David

Hello David/Sean/Morishita San/Eric, Thank you very much. It have been done with you all valued suggestions. Thanks and appricated for your help, Peerapong
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags