cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Shape Indexing Not Working

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Shape Indexing Not Working

I set ModelCheck up to create the necessary information for shape indexing.  I created about a dozen models from each other for testing so they are identical.  The search is not returning all the models it should.

I am on PDMLink 10.1 M050 and Creo 2 (M110 and M170).  I created the 5 attributes and assigned them to the CAD Document.

What's really odd though is in M110 I only get the Search for duplicate models check.  In M170 I get both that and the Duplicate Models check.  And I am using the same config files.

M110

MC in M110.jpg

M170

MC in M170.jpg

Has anyone really been able to get this to work correctly?

10 REPLIES 10
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

I can't believe nobody uses shape indexing.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I submitted a call to PTC and they confirmed it doesn't work as expected.  They even created an SPR last month.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Please keep us up to date on the SPR.  I didn't even know PTC had something like this.  The only shape classification tool I've actually seen is iSEEK.

CADseek shape search part search geometric search plm search

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

PTC bought ModelCheck from Rand many years ago but they really haven't updated it much.  It's a very useful tool but there are a few things that don't work as expected.

I knew there are other programs that have similar functionality but ModelCheck is included in the package.

The problem was reported to R&D and is currently being evaluated.

I have been wanting to configure ModelCheck for our business for a number of years.  I have just never found the time to invest in learning how to set it up.  If it was a little more user friendly that would help.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mdebower)

The key to learning ModelCheck is to run it OOTB and see how your parts conform to the existing settings.

After this, you can add parameter checks and modify the settings to your default environment.

We have a check for the classification of a drawing and if it doesn't match one of the predefined settings, the drawing does not get into Windchill. Took me a day or so to figure that out after I added a new classification to the drawings and they were failing to be checked in.

I have 4 or 5 pdf/ppt/doc files from past user conferences that explain how to set up ModelCheck that I can share. Just send me an email.

Hello!!

Can you please share document for ModelCHECK on sagar31.patil@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!!

Sagar

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

I guess nobody uses the Shape Indexing in ModelCheck.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

I'm not a user of modelcheck, but I tried and it seems to work on Creo 3.

10.png

It even creates a preview of duplicated models. It's not dependent of the UCS but it is scale dependent.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Here are the configs I used.

1 - Extract this file to a network folder/mapped drive (to a multi-user usage)

2 - Add the location to config.pro, something like:

modelcheck_dir t:\MODEL_CHECK_CONFIGURATION

3 - Correct the paths inside the files:

...\MODEL_CHECK_CONFIGURATION\config\config_init.mc

...\MODEL_CHECK_CONFIGURATION\mc_dup_write\Append_data.bat

4 - Open Creo, run ModelCheck on some models, Close Creo

5 - Check folder ...\MODEL_CHECK_CONFIGURATION\mc_dup_write

a new file should appear, something like mc_dupl_user_201702032114.bin,

Modelcheck will create this files when you close Creo and you have to append them manually to the database.

To do that you only have to run the file Append_data.bat

I haven't explored this extensively but this is a good kickstart for who is interested.

Jose.

Top Tags