cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Simp Rep Not Working!

ptc-4503198
1-Newbie

Simp Rep Not Working!

Can someone please help!

My simp rep does not work. It remains

greyed out what ever I do. It is only like this in Creo 2.In all previous versions I have it works fine

Help!

view+manager.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alan,

PROE_FoundationAdv license contains ASSY_PERFORMANCE module. This license enables you to create SimpRep in ASSY.

PROE_Foundation license does not contain ASSY_PERFORMANCE module. This license does not enable you to create SimpRep in ASSY.

Test:

Launch Creo and click File > Help > System information.

In License Information section check License Name line.

If it contains PROE_FoundationAdv, then you can create SimpRep in ASSY.

Your parametric.psf contains the following line:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv PROE_Foundation ()

This means that Creo tries to get PROE_FoundationAdv license during startup. If PROE_FoundationAdv license is in use, then Creo automatically tries to get PROE_Foundation license during startup. If PROE_Foundation license is also in use, then Creo informs you that there is no free license.

Try to change the above mentioned line to the following one:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv ()

After this change you will always launch Creo with the proper license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4503198)

This looks like a graphics card issue. You might want to try to upgrade your graphics card driver.

You can test the graphics by adding the config.pro option:

graphics WIN32_GDI

The option will dregrade your graphics performance but if it works after setting this, then you know it's a graphics issue. If it works, after setting it, upgrade your graphics card drivers and remove the config.pro option and re-test.

Thanks Stephen.

Tried that. It made no difference.

Alan,

I guess that you can create simplified representation in a part and you cannot create simplified representation in an assembly. Is it true ?

It looks like your startup command is not configured properly, it does not contain license code, which enables you to work with assembly simplified representations.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin.

Yes. That's right. Can I get round this?

Alan

Alan,

if you want to check your license, you can click File > Help > System information and see the list of modules in Configured Option Modules section.

If you open CREO2\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf in Notepad, you will see the same information in the line beginning with ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=

I cannot give you detailed information how to solve your problem, because I do not know your licenses.

Maybe you can compare proe1.psf (ProE Wildfire 5.0) with parametric.psf (Creo 2.0).

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin.

proe1.psf says "PROE_FoundationAdv ()"

parametric.psf says "PROE_FoundationAdv PROE_Foundation ()"

I guess I never realised SimpRep in ASSY was an option!

Thanks anyway

Alan

Alan,

PROE_FoundationAdv license contains ASSY_PERFORMANCE module. This license enables you to create SimpRep in ASSY.

PROE_Foundation license does not contain ASSY_PERFORMANCE module. This license does not enable you to create SimpRep in ASSY.

Test:

Launch Creo and click File > Help > System information.

In License Information section check License Name line.

If it contains PROE_FoundationAdv, then you can create SimpRep in ASSY.

Your parametric.psf contains the following line:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv PROE_Foundation ()

This means that Creo tries to get PROE_FoundationAdv license during startup. If PROE_FoundationAdv license is in use, then Creo automatically tries to get PROE_Foundation license during startup. If PROE_Foundation license is also in use, then Creo informs you that there is no free license.

Try to change the above mentioned line to the following one:

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv ()

After this change you will always launch Creo with the proper license.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Many thanks Martin.

I don't have that that module for Creo2. I tried your change but to no avail.

I did not realise SimpRep was an extra. It is something I use only rarely (hence why I have only just noticed!), mainly from a drawing perspective.

You would of thought this would be a standard function - but this is PTC I guess.

Thanks for your help anyway

Alan

Alan,

if I understand you well, then you do not need to continue this discussion.

BTW ... it looks like only part of Creo licenses has active maintenance.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags