cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Special characters in notes

ptc-1191590
1-Newbie

Special characters in notes

Hi:

Does anyone a list of keyboard shortcuts for special characters in notes, such as greater than or equal to? I can get the common symbols (° ±) from the symbol palette or the basic ASCII table (alt+numpad+0176 = the degree symbol). Pro/E doesn't seem to support the extended ASCII table and I don't know how to invoke Unicode symbols.

I'm aware that a PTC suggested workaround is to change the font of a character to Cal Greek and surround it by brackets, but that's ridiculous.

Thanks!

R.Swenson

1 REPLY 1

Thanks to all for the responses. The common sugestions were to use the Windows character map (charmap) to copy and paste a symbol into a drawing note, or to insert a Pro/E symbol into the text.

Unfortunatly Pro/E text notes don'trecognize anything beyond the basic ASCII symbols. If you try to create ≥ or ≤ Pro/E says "An illegal character was detected, and has been replace by '?'."Have you ever seen a useful drawing note that is full of question marks? By the way, did you notice I just created ≥ and ≤here in less than a second, without a "symbol", copying and pasting from charmap, or changing a the font of a character and then putting brackets around it etc?

Here's a link to the same question from some poor soul who had to go through this in the past.Perhaps it will be as easy to create extended characters as it is in Windows in ≥WF5!

http://communities.ptc.com/thread/4127

-------------------------------------------------

Original question:

Does anyone a list of keyboard shortcuts for special characters in notes, such as greater than or equal to? I can get the common symbols (° ±) from the symbol palette or the basic ASCII table (alt+numpad+0176 = the degree symbol). Pro/E doesn't seem to support the extended ASCII table and I don't know how to invoke Unicode symbols.

I'm aware that a PTC suggested workaround is to change the font of a character to Cal Greek and surround it by brackets, but that's ridiculous

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags