cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

TRAJECTORY 2D START POINT

ptc-2055318
1-Newbie

TRAJECTORY 2D START POINT

I need start the cut in the middle of a line no in the corner. How do?
6 REPLIES 6

Are you talking about a Trajectory Sequence in Pro/NC? If so, there are options in the Customize dialog box such as Go To Point that allow you to start anywhere on a Curve, Edge, etc.

Yes is a trajectory in Pro/Nc but the tool start in that point and then go to the same corner, in profile have aproach in trajectory no have equivalent.

I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do. It would be helpful to know a few more details, namely (1) which of the four reference options are you using (Curve, Edge, Surface, or Sketch)?, and (2) will your tool follow the reference at its center or offset by the Tool Radius? Meanwhile, note these options. (1)After you have selected a reference (say a Datum Curve in its entirety) and finished the definition of the Automatic Cut, you can select the Follow Cut portion of that Automatic Cut in the Customize dialog box, select Redefine, then pick First Point and/or Second Point, and pick specific inflection points on the curve other than the end points. (2)If you are picking a Datum Curve for your reference, you will have the From-To option in the CHAIN OPT menu,(3)You can select the Follow Cut, then from the drop-down list select Tangent Approach, Normal Approach, Lead In, or Helical Approach to specify a desired pre-cutting motion to be inserted before the Follow Cut. (4) You can use the Ends option in the INT CUT menu to define a simple path extension approach motion.

I do with trajactory 2axis and sketch, my dealer tell me i must build the sketch starting in the point were like start and realy work. many thanks for your help. best regards

Alberto, I'm sorry, but I can't quite tell from your last message if you still have a problem or not. In any case, after you have defined your sketeched trajectory, you can pick on the Follow Cut line in the Customize dialog box, then select an appropriate Approach motion from the drop-down list to Insert before the Follow Cut. David

In trajectory, go to ENDS and adjust the point. ps. I think he is selecting edges.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags