cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Using Solid Body Sweeps

AlessandroFerri
8-Gravel

Using Solid Body Sweeps

Anyone have an Idea how to generate a Solid Body Sweeps in Creo 2.0 (in Solidwork seems to be possible: see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKNle2zi7qA) ?

3 REPLIES 3

Maybe with the manufacturing extension. I only wish we could do this with core Creo Parametric. All to often have I wanted to sweep a ball end mill in my design process.

This is not to say this is impossible. You can sweep the profile section and revolve it at the end.

I can also envision that one could use the mechanism feature to capture a motion profile which can be merged with a part. However, this is likely limited as the motion profile models are typically not very smooth.

Yes, this would be a really useful feature (that we've been asking for for ages).

On a couple of occasions now I've patterned a quilt / solidify to produce a 'generated' gear form or similar, for manufacturing by surface milling - this produces a faceted model rather than a mathematically smooth surface, and can get slow and unstable as you try to reduce the facet size, but we've had acceptable results in the physical parts.

I couldn't find an Idea for this - can someone confirm this? If there isn't one currently, we should create one.

I've also wanted this command for years. Sweeping a profile and sweeping a rotary cutter do NOT produce the same results. I'm not sure if you can do it in Pro/MAN or not, but you should be able to. The problem there is that occurs DOWNstream of the Engineer/Designer who wanted it. We should be able to do that up front. Note in the video the distortions of the surface, it's not 100% correct. Interesting though, and a powerful tool we should have had before they wasted time screwing up a perfectly workable GUI and making it creo.........

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags