cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Using Style and Simplified Rep together

mobleykm
1-Newbie

Using Style and Simplified Rep together

I am trying to view a Simplified Rep with a defined style and I can't get them to work together. When I am in the simplified rep, I can see the styles that were created in the master rep, but if I try to activate them nothing changes on the screen. Also, the button to create new Styles is greyed out so I can't create one directly in the simplified rep. I thought that I had done this same thing with a different model a couple of weeks ago. Am I missing something or should this work? I am on Wildfire 3 M130.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly

1 REPLY 1

I only got one response to my question involving using Combination Display. This works for what I asked, but I missed one point in explaining the problem. I was trying to work in a family table instance. Some of the components in my instance were suppressed in the master rep. Since I was only able to modify the Styles in the master rep, I had to show suppressed items in the model tree and apply the necessary settings to the suppressed models so that they would show up with the appropriate Style when I called it up in the Instance.

Kelly

In Reply to Kelly Mobley:

I am trying to view a Simplified Rep with a defined style and I can't get them to work together. When I am in the simplified rep, I can see the styles that were created in the master rep, but if I try to activate them nothing changes on the screen. Also, the button to create new Styles is greyed out so I can't create one directly in the simplified rep. I thought that I had done this same thing with a different model a couple of weeks ago. Am I missing something or should this work? I am on Wildfire 3 M130.

Thanks in advance.

Kelly

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags